Here at Driveshafts Perth, we are proud to use Dana Spicer parts – a highly regarded manufacturer in the industry, producing high quality and standardised products. Today we share with you a video tutorial showing a driveshaft repair by the book, operated by Dana Spicer’s technicians.
Here is how it should be done:
Long story short, there are five steps a professional should follow if they are replacing a driveshaft:
- Support the car or vehicle on ramps for easy access to the bottom of the car, and make sure the car is in neutral.
- Mark the end of the drive shaft at the yoke so that the new drive shaft goes in in the same position as the old one when it came out.
- Remove all four bolts from the rear yoke.
- Disconnect carefully the driveshaft from the transmission.
- Install the new drive shaft by following the above steps in reverse order.